Gluten free, from me to you!

Welcome!
My name is Laura Hill, I was diagnosed with celiac disease ten years ago. Like many others, it was like pulling teeth to get a diagnosis! When my doctor had performed numerous tests and prescribed a vareity of medication with no cure, I requested he test me for celiac disease by the recommendation of a friend and he refused. He told me I could not live the rest of my life without gluten. He also suggested I was making myself sick. I finally decided to seek a second opinion. The next doctor performed the blood work and the results came back confirmed celiac disease. Starting the gluten free diet totally changed my life. The condition I was in before the diagnosis was scary, without the gluten free diet I am not sure I would be here today! From my experience with celiac disease over the years, I have a desire to help others with the condition.

It can be daunting starting the diet and changing over to the gluten free lifestyle. This inspired me to become a dietitian, in order to help those make dietary changes. I just graduated with a B.S. in Nutrition and I am currently a dietetic intern. I enjoy researching celiac disease, recipes, and the correlation between diet and disease. In this blog I want to share recipes and general information to help you navigate the gluten free diet, in the gluten filled world.


Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rudi's Gluten Free Bread



The kind people at Rudi's were generous enough to send a sample pack of goodies for my local celiac support group meeting in October. Rudi's is not currently sold in any of the local stores but they are estimated to be in Whole Foods by January 2011. Here is what you have to look forward to, they offer 3 varieties are gluten free bread, multi-grain, original, and my favorite cinnamon raisin. Everyone at the support group was excited to have new options coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment